Cooking with Lavender
There is much evidence in history that shows, centuries ago, lavender was a popular culinary herb. Throughout Europe it was used to give food a much needed boost of flavour and lavender infusions were taken for various medicinal purposes.
Today, is appears that lavender is enjoying a well-deserved revival in kitchens all over the world. Its delicious, unique flavour and colour provide an original twist to sweet and savoury dishes alike. Used sparingly on its own or mixed with other garden herbs it never fails to impress.
To help inspire you, we suggest the following:
1. Start by buying our specially dried Jersey Culinary Lavender. One sachet contains 20g which is about 160mls - so about 10 level-ish tablespoons per sachet.
2. Try our two dry-mix products - Lavender Scone Mix and Lavender Shortbread Mix.
3. Try the book by Sharon Shipley - "The Lavender Cookbook" which contains more than 120 lavender recipes!
4. On our links page there are two web sites that are packed with recipes to try.
4. We offer our own tried and tested selection of recipes. These are broken down into savoury and sweet and are listed below.
Lavender & Honey Lamb
Glazed Honey and Lavender Chicken Kebabs
Lavender & Strawberry Gateau
Lavender & Honey Ice-Cream
Lavender Shortbread Wedges
Lavender, White Chocolate & Raspberry Muffins
Lavender Orange Crunch Cakes
Cake Middleton - Created to celebrate the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton
Please let us know what you think of any of the lavender recipes that you try. We would be delighted to publish any recipes that you may have to share. Please Contact Us if you would like to contribute in this way. Thank you.