Another of our favourite new products is our lovely little jars of perfectly blended mix of the finest sugar and our own dried culinary lavender is the perfect easy way to create delicious treats with hardly any effort at all! One problem that some people encounter when cooking with lavender is knowing exactly how much to use, as often with lavender a little can go a long way. So to take the worry out of cooking with lavender we have created this fantastic blend which has the perfect balance of sweetness with the delicate floral scent of lavender.
So now that Father Christmas has brought you a jar of lavender sugar, just what are some of the ways of using it?
- Perk up a plain sponge (either bought or homemade) with a sprinkling of lavender sugar on the top. If you really want to push the boat out why not split the sponge and fill it with a mixture of whipped cream spiked with lemon zest. Easy peasy and a mixture of flavours made in heaven.
- Use lavender sugar to sweeten and fragrance a compote of fresh or frozen berries. Simply heat your fruit with a little lavender sugar until your desired consistency is achieved (be it jammy or runny). Serve with plain yoghurt for a fantastic breakfast or spoon over a mixture of ice cream and meringue for a fantastically easy and crowd pleasing dessert.
- Replace the plain caster sugar in your favourite shortbread recipe with our lavender sugar, for a sweet treat that will transport you straight to our gorgeous Jersey lavender farm in the height of summer (even in the depths of winter!).
- Transform Shrove Tuesday by dousing pancakes in lavender sugar and lemon juice. Just be warned people will be coming back for more and more.
- Create a gorgeous warming drink by infusing a couple of slices of fresh root ginger, with a slice of lemon and then sweeten to taste with lavender sugar. Or why not cheat and simply use a lemon and ginger teabag. Trust us, you’ll be hooked!
- Treat yourself to a Lavender French 75 cocktail. Simply mix together 3 tablespoons of gin, 1.5 tablespoons of lemon juice and a teaspoon of lavender sugar until the sugar has dissolved, then shake this with ice until chilled, strain and top up with Champagne. It doesn’t get much better than that!
We’d love to know if you have any other favourite uses for our lavender sugar, so please do get in contact and let us know.