There are many uses of a drop if our lovely Jersey grown many people the first thing that they think of when considering it’s uses will be for treating coughs, colds and congestion (for which is it rightly known and very good). However eucalyptus oil also has a number of other uses, especially for your hair and scalp, including helping to prevent or slow hair loss.
So what are some of the reasons for hair loss and how can you help to prevent or slow it?
There are numerous reasons that someone may start to lose their hair, one of which being the natural hair loss that some people suffer from with age. Unfortunately there is no real cure for natural hair loss – even though many companies may tell you that their expensive potions full of chemically synthesised ingredients will stop the process – they won’t. However hair loss can also be caused by a number of other reasons that may be more treatable with natural aromatherapy remedies.
Hair loss that can be treated can be caused by a number of reasons that include:
- Poor diet
- Ineffectively washing your scalp and hair
- Over washing your hair and scalp
- Inflammatory skin conditions
- Over use of heat tools and styling products
- Chemical hair products
So how can you naturally and effectively treat hair loss? Often simple things such as ensuring that you eat a healthy and balanced diet that is rich in protein, sulphur and essential fatty acids will make a big difference to your hair loss. Also treating your hair and scalp kindly and washing and styling it gently using natural products can be very effective.
Along with these simple steps you can also treat hair loss using a few drops of our wonderful eucalyptus essential oil. Remedies include:
- Eucalyptus Scalp Massage – mix 2 drops of eucalyptus oil into 1 or 2 tablespoons of a carrier oil such as coconut, olive or sweet almond and massage gently into your scalp using circular motions. The action of the massage combined with the tingling sensation caused by the eucalyptus oil helps to boost circulation in your scalp thus invigorating the hair follicles and potentially boosting hair growth.
- Eucalyptus Hair Mask – this mask will help to strengthen the actual strands of your hair, making it look thicker and fuller. Mix 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and 2 drops of eucalyptus oil with an egg (for normal hair use the whole egg, for dry hair use only the yolk and for oily hair use only the white). Massage the mixture throughout your hair and scalp and then leave for 30 minutes before rinsing very well with cool water.
- Hair Growth Oil – fill a small applicator bottle with coconut oil and add 2 teaspoons of almond oil, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 2 drops of eucalyptus oil. Shake to combine. Apply approximately one tablespoon of the oil to your hair weekly and leave on for between 1 and 2 hours.